Friday, March 9, 2012

LET IT BE ...at least until after bedtime

Stuff. EVERYWHERE! There are days (in fact, most days) when I feel like all I'm doing is picking up toys - play kitchen dishes, cars, Legos!, random plastic containers, magnets... 
I don't actually see my kids dump any single container, but its like a slow trickle that results in stuff, EVERYWHERE! I really don't understand how they are so fast. 
I know it shouldn't matter - we have kids. No one is going to mind if they walk into my home and there are toys scattered around. But my OCD takes over, and I can't help but to take a few minutes to put a few things back where they belong. Oftentimes, I just grab something on my way past and drop it where it should go. It only takes me five minutes to clean up (each time), but it's an endless task. I once read a quote along the lines of "Cleaning up after a toddler is like trying to sweep in a windstorm." No kidding. And the truth is-- my kids are relatively neat kids, especially considering they are 1 and 3 years old. 

Here's my plan: LET IT BE... at least until after bedtime. I'm going to try to nix the frequent five minute cleanups during the day, and save it for one 15 minute cleanup job at the end of the day. I can only imagine how much time with my kids this simple change could gain for me!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment